Job Opportunity - Part-time Music Director
Please see information below
Our Whole Lives (OWL)
Comprehensive Sexuality and Health Education for Youth in Grades 7 - 9
This course is offered to Youth who will be in grades 7-9 during the 2019-2020 school year. Families do not need to be members of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Grand Traverse to enroll.
The program will be facilitated by Katie Tomczyk, MS and Joan Sheard. Classes will be held twice a month from October 2019 through April 2020. Consistent attendance is required in order to maintain a safe and comfortable space for all participants.
Please join us for a Parent Information Meeting on Sunday, September 8 at 4:30 PM. (Please note date/time differs from Record-Eagle article and is the correct date and time)
For questions about the 2019-2020 OWL Program or the Parent Information Meeting, please email Betsy, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com.
For more information about OWL, click on the following links:
You Are Welcome Here!
We provide a safe, caring community
where all can freely explore diverse religious thought.
We work for justice and equality with the power of compassion and compassionate power.
SUNDAY SERVICES at 10:30 AM
6726 Center Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
JOB OPPORTUNITY - MUSIC DIRECTOR / PART-TIME
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Grand Traverse seeks a part-time (10 hours/week) Music Director to nurture and facilitate music as an integral part of the congregation’s intellectual and spiritual life. The person hired for this position will have a background in choral conducting in a school or church environment, as well as basic piano skills. The Music Director is hired by the UUCGT Board of Trustees and reports to the Minister. This is a part-time position* - 10 hours per week at $19/hour.
The responsibilities of the Music Director include:
- Planning music (vocal, instrumental) for Sunday Services, special occasions, etc. in collaboration with the Minister, the Sunday Services Committee, invited speakers, and special events committees
- Coordinating, overseeing, and rehearsing with the Vocal Ensemble and other musicians on a regular basis
- Planning and coordinating one to two All Music Services per year
- Maintaining the musical assets of the congregation
- Managing the music-related budget as determined by the Board that includes submitting an annual budget
- Attending Sunday Services Committee meetings, Board Meetings when music-related issues are being discussed, and Music Committee meetings
- Coordinating, supervising, hiring accompanists
- Knowledge of current copyright law as it pertains to selected musical inclusions (vocal, instrumental)
- Providing regular submissions to the Flash and Beacon
- Attending and participating in denominational activities and organizations, as able, such as the UU Musicians Network
*Employees working less than 20 hours per week do not receive benefits
Email cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
UUCGT Welcomes Rev. Dr. Cathy Harrington!
A VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM
Please click on the link here: We Are Unitarian Universalists
(See transcript here)
Copyright Unitarian Universalist Association – uua.org
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
COVENANT OF THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION OF GRAND TRAVERSE
(adopted June 2019)
Living our Unitarian Universalist Principles, we:
Welcome all who come here and we assume good intentions.
Encourage all voices to speak and willingly listen for understanding.
Lift up work for justice and equity in areas including race, gender, and sexuality.
Choose responsible participation in the interdependent web.
Operate democratically in congregational work and decision making.
Match passions with service to the congregation.
Extend compassion to all.
For more information, please contact the UUCGT office at 231.947.3117
Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Grand Traverse
6726 Center Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am – 3:00 pm