This Week’s Service is Live Streamed only
- Sunday June 26, 2022 at 12:30 to 2:00 PM: General Assemble Sunday Service
“The Deal on Those Days”
NOTE THE LOCATION AND TIME CHANGE 12:30 to 2:00 PM ET Live Streamed
The last few years have not been easy, including in our local congregations. Whole swaths of members have simply stopped coming; COVID is confusing, and polarizing; many ministers have joined the great resignation; and Pew studies and friends alike have pronounced the end of the local church.
In this moment, when so many of us might be wondering if we should just give up, and relent, now’s the time instead to double down on our commitment to the local church -this unique community that saves us and also breaks our hearts – often much more of the latter than we’d like to admit. In the midst of our culture of death, the church is a place of life. Or it is, as long as we are willing to bring our own lives to it. Join us for a morning of celebration, witness, and future-visioning for the already and not yet power of the local Unitarian Universalist church.
Leading us in worship will be Rev. Gretchen Haley, Rev. Shari Halliday-Quan, Rev. Sean Neil-Barron, Lea Morris, Adam Podd, Joseph and Aimee Santos-Lyons, and Allison King with the GA Choir.
- Past UUCGT sermons are available under the WORSHIP TAB
Who We Are
- We are compassionate thinkers and doers.
- We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history and spirituality, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the good.
- We think for ourselves and recognize that life experience influences our beliefs more than anything.
- We need not think alike to love alike.
- We are people of many beliefs (link opens in new window) and backgrounds.
Current Building Access & ZOOM
- We are currently holding all services in-person in our Sanctuary, but also are live streaming the service. Sermons are taped and available under the Worship tab.
- See the information posted in the upper-right text block for links to the coming weekend’s Services.
NEW MASKING GUIDELINES AS OF 6/9
UUCGT’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved at last night’s Board Meeting a return to optional masking with Sunday Services. People are welcomed to wear masks at their discretion. Additionally, we will provide hospitality and coffee once again for a time of fellowship following our services.